|Home Artists Exhibitions Organizations Clippings References|
He came to B.C. around 1925. He won a Bronze medal at the 1938 B.C. Artists exhibition, and another in the 1943 B.C. Artists exhibition for his pastel "Thawing".
He donated artwork to an FCA fundraising exhibition for the Canadian Red Cross at the Vancouver Art Gallery in 1942.
An entry form for the 12th Annual B.C. Artists' exhibition in 1943 provided
the following information:
1. Name ... Theodore W. Greaves
2. Address ... 3775 W. 34th Ave. Vancouver ... Phone No. KE 1242L
3. Place of Birth ... Nowgong Assam India ... Age 65
4. Length of Residence in B.C. ... 18 years
5. Occupation ... Retired
6. Schools attended ... Private schools in England and Belgium; School of Mines, Cornwall
7. Art Education ...Private lessons with John M. Bromley, Cornwall; William T. Wood, Chelsea, London in Water Colour landscape
8. Exhibitions in which work has been shown ... Vancouver Sketch Club. B.C. Artists' Exhibition (ten years). Association's Bronze Medal Sept / 38.
Also, per card file at Vancouver Art Gallery Library:
VAG annual B.C. Artists' exhibitions: 1936-39 (1934 - 1938 per WWNA), 1941, 1943-45.
Vancouver Exhibition representing the Vancouver Sketch Club: 1931, 1932.
Greaves died in Vancouver in 1953 at the age of 74.
|1930 Aug. 6 - 16||VanExh Oil Paintings & Water-colours||The Convent, 29th Avenue and Dunbar St.|
|A Country Road|
|1932 Oct. 5 - 30||VAG B.C. Artists 1st Annual||English Bay|
|1935 Sept. 20 - Oct. 15||VAG B.C. Artists 4th Annual||Sweet Peas|
|1936 Sept. 18 - Oct. 11||VAG B.C. Artists 5th Annual||Pear Blossom|
|1937 Sept. 17 - Oct. 10||VAG B.C. Artists 6th Annual||Snowscape|
|1938 Sept. 16 - Oct. 9||VAG B.C. Artists 7th Annual||Hydrangeas and Hollyhocks|
|1939 Sept. 15 - Oct. 8||VAG B.C. Artists 8th Annual||Apples|
|1941 Sept. 26 - Oct. 19||VAG B.C. Artists 10th Annual||May Sunshine|
|1942 Nov. 3 - 15||FCA Red Cross Benefit||(no information available)|
|1943 Sept. 25 - Oct. 20||VAG B.C. Artists 12th Annual||Thawing|
|1944 Sept. 23 - Oct. 22||VAG B.C. Artists 13th Annual||Delta Landscape|
|1945 Sept. 22 - Oct. 21||VAG B.C. Artists 14th Annual||Daybreak|
ARTISTS IN CANADA 1982 - UNION LIST OF ARTISTS' FILES (refer to AIC82)
BIOGRAPHICAL INDEX OF ARTISTS IN CANADA
(refer to BIAC03)
1 reference cited for Greaves: Who's Who in Northwest Art above.
B.C. VITAL STATISTICS ON-LINE (refer to BCVS)
|Home Copyright 2008 - 2020|