Tauber's Puppet Players
1932 - ?
Tauber's Puppet Players was founded in Vancouver in 1932 after the arrival
of Harry Tauber. The group put on exhibitions of The Witch Doctor and
Petrouchka at the Vancouver Art Gallery in 1932.
Tauber had arrived in Vancouver to lecture on art and metaphysics at the
Vanderpant Galleries on Robson Street. He later became one of the three founding
Art Directors of the B.C. College of Art, along with
F.H. Varley and J.W.G. Macdonald.
Members of the Puppet Players were listed on a poster:
Director Harry Tauber
||The Witch Doctor
VANCOUVER: ART AND ARTISTS 1931 - 1983; various authors
1983, ISBN 0-920095-00-3, 440 pages; Vancouver Art Gallery
List of works; artists' biographies; credits; no index (see partial
Poster for Tauber's Puppet Players illustrated with players names listed, page 57.