In 1946 the U.B.C. Art and Cultural Centre was located in the "Gables",
a restaurant and tea room on University Boulevard, at the University of
British Columbia, where art by local artists was exhibited, see clipping below.
"On November 17 the Sunday meetings organized by the
U.B.C. Art and Cultural centre, open to the public,
will be resumed at the "Gables", newly rebuilt restaurant and tea rooms on
On the walls will be exhibited paintings and photographs by local artists.
The display will include works by Cliff Robinson,
Dorothy H. Willis, and A. George
Bulhak, chairman of executive committee.
Among main objects of these meetings will be the purpose of providing a
congenial meeting place for all people interested in art and culture - artists,
students, professors and the general public."
From "In the Realm of Art", by
"Palette" Vancouver Daily Province, November 13, 1946