|Home Artists Exhibitions Organizations Clippings References|
These images show three details of two magnificent sculptures that Lennie
was commissioned to create for the Shaughnessey Hospital in 1940. Flanking
the original main entrance to the building, on one side a doctor is seen
helping a fallen soldier (above), and on the other side a nurse comforts a soldier
Each sculpture is approximately eight feet high and five feet wide. They are carved in high relief, to the point where arms are almost detached from the face of the stone. This was one of Lennie's most important commissions.
|Home Copyright 2007 - 2018|